The school was founded in 1694 with donations from the will of Robert May, a local man. The current headteacher is Mrs Susan Rafter. In 2006 the school had 1,218 pupils on its register. Following a successful application, it is now a Specialist School in Science with Mathematics and Computing
Tel: 01256 702700
Fax: 01256 703012
Ofsted information available here.