St Mary's Hartley Wespall

Rate this item
(0 votes)

The date of the original building is unknown, but there is evidence of the existence of a timber-built Nave in the 13th century, possibly the, oldest example in the South of England. Much of the woodwork is notable.

Hartley Wespall has enjoyed the Patronage of the Dean and Canons of Windsor since 1482, and from 1950, Stratfield Saye, in the gift of the Duke of Wellington, and Hartley Wespall have been served by one incumbency. In 1973 the Parishes were formally united.
Stratfield Saye and Hartley Wespall with Stratfield Turgis now form a United Benefice with Sherfield-on-Loddon under one Rector.

 

http://www.southernlife.org.uk/hartly_westpallchurch.htm
 

Login to post comments